Thank you for your interest in Susan Lindgren PTO!
Who We Are
The mission of the Susan Lindgren Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is to fund and organize activities to enrich the education of students and strengthen the school community. We also serve as a place for parents, students, teachers, administrators, and community groups to raise issues, share information, and learn more about topics that support our children’s education. All PTO events and activities are made possible because Susan Lindgren parents/guardians find time to volunteer in a variety of ways. Please join us!
Fundraising and Events
Our group fundraises to support enrichment activities for students including our schoolyard garden, field trips, Family Fun Night, Student Showcase Fair, June Jamboree, yearbooks, directories, and so much more! SLP Read$, our major annual fundraiser, raised $35,000 this past fall. We love this fundraiser because families don’t have to sell anything, kids are reading, and the PTO receives 100% of the proceeds. We also participate in other community giving programs such as Box Tops for Education, Parkway Pizza Night, and Amazon Smile. Raising this money means that we can make all our events are free to attend and there is no membership fee to be involved in PTO.
All parents, guardians, and teachers are welcome and encouraged to attend PTO meetings. It is a great way to learn more about what is happening in the school community and to connect with other parents. We often have a guest speaker from the SLP community who talks about something relevant to our students or school. Free childcare and a pizza dinner is provided for all meetings. Our meetings are held in the Susan Lindgren Media Center from 6:15–7:45 p.m. Meeting dates are not yet set for the 2021–2022 school year but they usually occur in September, November, January, March, and May.
Connect with us!
Stay up-to-date on the latest PTO news; there are lots of ways to keep in touch:
- Subscribe to our email list and receive emails roughly twice a month (through MailChimp) that include information on events, volunteer opportunities, PTO meetings, school news, and more.
- Check out our PTO Facebook page to get PTO updates and connect with other parents. Join our garden Facebook page to get updates about our schoolyard garden.
- Visit our website at https://susanlindgrenpto.
membershiptoolkit.com. If you are a Susan Lindgren parent, here you will also be able to join and use the online family directory.
- Got a question, concern, event idea, want to get involved? Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be on the lookout for PTO information in the school e-newsletter, Communicator.